Friday, January 21, 2011

Bell's Hopslam Ale


Hopslam, more like hopsmattering. Other than the name, which is seriously misleading, this offering from Bell's is decent. For a powerful IPA packing a 10% ABV, it's a little too subtle and fruity for my tastes. The Hopslam is honestly a little watered-down, and it lacked the punch of hops that I was expecting. But, it was refreshing and light, and judging by the crowd assembled for the limited-release party, it has its fans; the keg was emptied in half an hour.

Admittedly, my lack of posts here has been disgraceful. Even more shameful is the dearth of good beer I've been able to try lately. Between a trip to Panama, where they drink low-quality light lagers or high-quality rum, and an attempt to finally clear out my fridge of shitty leftover beer (i.e. year-old blueberry wheat beer that someone brought to a party and I've been reluctant to finish), my tastings have been few and far between. Hopefully I'm now ready to get slammed, in a good way.

2 comments:

  1. Review the crap beer, too! We need to know what to avoid drinking the next time we find ourselves in Panama.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Basically everything, but I'll give it a try.

    ReplyDelete